Information on importing your customers
CLICK HERE for the Upload Template
The customer import establishes the customers you have in your business and what products they buy.
In the import template, we have the fields that you would generally see exported from Salesforce.
As displayed in the screenshot above, the first fields arrange your customer list by unique ID, customer's name, each product they buy and related opportunity (in CRM).
- ID: A unique identifier that's related to each product (or contract) that your customers buy. It can be anything, as long as it's unique.
- Customer: The customer field is populated with each purchase instance. A customer might buy many products from your business, e.g. subscription software (recurring) and hardware (non-recurring) or services, implementation, software, etc.
- Opportunity: This is the opportunity in your CRM/register that the sale's been purchased under. In the template example above, the opportunity is shown as a numerical figure but it can be any information you've used to name it in your system.
- Product: This field specifies which of your products has been sold in a customer's purchase. This also needs to map to the Products Import ID that was uploaded or added as part of the Product list creation.
The next part of the template refers specifically to the customer's products and designates them as new or renewal (true/false format), and defines the quantity, booking date, and billing date.
- Quantity: The quantity of each specific product your customers buy
- Billing date: The default for the billing date is the transaction date, however, you can elect any billing date that matches your records.
- Booking date: This is optional and it inherits the billing date by default- though it can also be empty.
- Renewal: The default for renewal is "false", indicating a new product. If you enter 'true', the system will not create a new booking as it will detect an existing product ear marked for renewal.
Finally, the last part of the import defines each contract's specifics when it comes to realizing revenue from the products therein. These fields are:
- Custom billing:
- Custom rev recognition: Optional. Populating this field indicates a non-linear revenue recognition method.