Create the connection to your QuickBooks Desktop file to begin planning and reporting in Jirav
Jirav worked in collaboration with Right Networks to utilize the Autofy Agent which allows for Desktop users to export the account detail to Jirav to then begin planning and reporting within Jirav.
Note: The collaboration with Right Networks allows for QuickBooks Desktop Users to manually import accounting detail into Jirav.
While online accounting software packages can have this import process automated, QuickBooks Desktop is not an online software product.
When clicking on Setup --> Actuals in Jirav, you can import accounting detail from QuickBooks Desktop into Jirav manually. However, you cannot automate the import from QuickBooks Desktop into Jirav when clicking on Setup --> Company.
There area few steps and requirements outlined below - in the event you run into any issues and need technical support please email email@example.com for assistance.
Error Codes you may receive from time to time and links within the article on how to resolve:
QuickBooks Desktop Requirements:
Desktop files that are hosted on Right Networks please ensure you are on the Business Cloud license in order for the systems to work together
- Pro and Premier: 2014 and later
- Enterprise: 14.0 and later
- Admin user needs to be logged into the QuickBooks Desktop account - this can be found under the Company menu -> Set Up Users and Passwords -> Set Up Users to verify that you are logged into the account as Admin
As noted in the screen shot below you should see the (logged on) next to the Admin User
The integration will import data to Jirav either on an Accrual or Cash Basis. This is determined based on the Summary Reports Basis selected in Preferences > Reports & Graphs > Company Preferences.
The Process is 5 Steps
Be Aware: For users who are hosting more than one QuickBooks Desktop file on their hosted environment you will need to save the token generate by Jirav (Step 2 of the process) in order to reference the token for future imports - the process to connect your Jirav account after making the initial connection is outlined in step 3B below
Step 1: Download and install the Autofy Agent
Be Aware: For QuickBooks Desktop accounts that are not hosted by Right Networks you will need to first verify that you have the latest Autofy agent installed
This agent will need to be installed on the system running the QBD instance
Note that the connection process requires "QuickBooks is in single user mode, logged in as the QuickBooks admin (not just a user with admin rights)". If the Jirav admin user does not have the ability to login to QBD as QuickBooks admin then this step will require IT involvement.
- QuickBooks is open to the desired Company file
- No more than 1 company file is open
- You have entered their agentToken and clicked Login (Screen shot below and Step 2 outlines how to obtain the Token from Jirav)
Installation screen for the Autofy Sync Agent - once you complete the installation you will see the screen for the agent token which comes from Jirav:
Autofy Agent Token Screen
Step 2: Obtain your Agent Token from Jirav
First navigate to the Jirav actuals page and select the connect button as noted in the screen shot below.
Jirav will then pop up a box that contains the Agent token, highlight the token and copy this to your clipboard
Step 3A: Connect your Autofy Agent
Due to security you will need to go from Step 3 to Step 4 without delay before the system times out
Go to the machine where Autofy is running and paste the token copied in Step 2 into the field and select "Login" - you will note the status changes to "Connected"
Go back to Jirav and select "Done" which will then begin the connection process to your QuickBooks Desktop file.
The status of "Successfully configured token, connecting....." will now appear in Jirav.
Step 3B: Connect your Autofy Agent for Users with Multiple Hosted Files
For accounts that have multiple desktop files hosted from the same location you will need to follow the following steps in order to import data for imports after the initial connection to Jirav.
Be Aware that two users are not able to have the Autofy agent open at the same time
The actions are the following:
- When creating the initial connection and and generating the Agent Token in Step 2 be sure to store that token in a location you can reference later - please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you failed to save the Agent Token
- Upon opening the Autofy Agent you will need to verify and update if needed that the Agent Token is the same token associated with the Jirav Account you are attempting to import data for
- Once you have verified that the token is correct you will need to select the "Advanced" section at the bottom of the Autofy screen
- Once you select "Advanced" you will then select the "Disconnect" button as noted in the screen shot below
- Once you have disconnected you will then need to "Connect"
Be Aware you will need to have the file you are attempting to import data from and you will need to allow access to the file as noted in step 4 below
- Once you approve the Certificate you will see in the Autofy screen that the connection is successful
- At this point you can go back to Jirav and import the data as noted in Step 5 below
Step 4: Approve your computer to connect to Jirav
Navigate back to the machine running the Autofy Agent and you will see the screen shot below. This is what provides the permission for the computer to connect to the Jirav account.
The recommendation is to give access even if QuickBooks isn't running. This gives you the greatest possible availability to work with their data.
Depending on your IT security rules you, at minimum, need to select "Yes, prompt each time" and this would result in completing these steps each time you would like to import your data.
You may be prompted to reboot the machine to update file services - you can go ahead and select "OK" then run the files services and reboot the machine. Ensure that you open the QuickBooks file and return to single user mode if the machine reboots
From time to time you may encounter an error code: 1601 which means that the agent may not have been set to the "Yes, always allow access even if QuickBooks is not running" option was selected and you need to set the agent to be Always On as noted in the screen shot below:
Step 5: Import your accounting data
With steps 1-4 completed you will note that the button now says [Import]. Click the button to select the historical date range you would like to bring into Jirav.
Pro Tip: We recommend importing a full fiscal year plus year-to-date to start.
When users receive this error, the Agent couldn't be reached, most likely because it isn't running, it's not logged in, or the computer is off or logged out.
- Confirm the agent is open
- Confirm the user token is entered in the agent and that 'Save' has been selected
- Confirm that the Status reads 'Connected.' in dark blue text
- Confirm with the user whether they have a strict firewall in place.
If the above steps do not work, have the user restart the agent and try again.
Users will receive the 1604 error code when the connection attempt to the accounting application has failed and the accounting application returns an error.
- If the error code returned from the accounting application is NaN, null, empty, or equal to 0, Autofy will return the 1604 error code.
- If the accounting application returns an error code, Autofy will display the error code provided by the accounting application instead of 1604.
- If the accounting application does not return an error message, Autofy will return Failed to connect to endpoint.
- If the accounting application returns an error message, Autofy will display the message provided by the accounting application.
- Make sure QuickBooks is not running as the Windows Admin
- Review the local log file for any errors. If the errors are from QuickBooks, please refer to our QuickBooks troubleshooting docs here.
A 1605 error occurs when the desktop file attempting to sync with Jirav sends Jirav a "busy signal". This error code typically indicates that there is another application other than Jirav that is actively pulling data from the desktop file.
To resolve the 1605 error, wait for the other application to complete its data request. Then, initiate another sync from Jirav by selecting the Import button in Setup (⚙️)>Actuals.
If you haven't yet, we recommend checking out the Getting Started guide next for setting up the remaining steps within the application and to learn how to explore your data within the platform