Learning & Education
- User Administration Documentation
- System Setup Documentation
- Accounting Imports Documentation
- Plans Documentation
- Report Documentation
- Dashboard Documentation
- Custom Tables Documentation
- Workforce Documentation
- Driver & Assumption Documentation
- Capital Documentation
- Collaboration Documentation
- Account Administration Documentation
- Release Notes
Tips, Tricks, & FAQ's
Setting Up Tracking Categories in Xero
Tips and tricks - formatting
Xero uses tracking categories and options instead of department codes or cost centres. Jirav supports the use of one tracking category from Xero of your choice. The Xero tracking category maps to Jirav department.
For meaningful actuals vs plan analysis, it is recommended to track departments in Xero as a tracking category.
Here are a a couple of help articles from Xero on how to do this:
Once the tracking category is setup in Xero, click here to learn how to map it to Jirav department.
Helpful Hint: The use of tracking categories is not required- if you do not need to plan or report by departments, then this is optional.