Tailor reports to showcase financial data and share it with stakeholders
Reports play a crucial role in simplifying the financial reporting process by providing up-to-date information to company stakeholders. Stakeholders can gain valuable insights from reports to help them make informed decisions.
Utilize Templates & Sections to customize your reporting packages then share the results.
Create customized report templates that cater to different reporting needs. For example, you can have a "Month End Reporting Template" that you regularly share within your organization, showcasing the actuals from the previous month's close. Similarly, you can have a "Quarterly Review Reporting Template" that provides summarized results for your board presentations every quarter. These templates help streamline the reporting process and ensure that the right information is presented to the right audience at the right time.
To view existing templates or to add a new template, go to Report > Select the ∨ next to the currently selected template name to open the context menu and select Manage Templates.
- To simplify collaboration, reports are shared based on templates. It is recommended to create separate templates for different audiences, making it easier to collaborate and share information effectively.
- An entire Report Template can be exported to a single Excel file with a tab for each report.
- Report Templates can contain a combination of tabular reports, text commentary, and visual dashboards.
Sections in the reports area serve as building blocks for creating reports and can be seamlessly added to any template. To incorporate sections into your template, simply access the Section Library, which offers a wide range of commonly used reports for financial planning and analysis.
To add a Section to a Template, select the + to the right of Sections, name the new section, choose a section type, and select Add.
To perform bulk updates to a Template, navigate to Report Settings.
Each section (report) within the template offers a range of options on the right side of the screen. These options allow you to customize the section further according to your needs.
- Edit Formatting: Customize the font style, font color, fill color, decimal precision, display of negatives and errors, magnitude, symbols, and favorable/unfavorable variances.
- Edit Columns: Select the time periods and granularities, departments when applicable, and source(s) displayed in the report. Optionally add a notes column or variance calculations.
- Edit Rows: Controls which rows display in the given report. Available row modifications vary by report type.
- Time periods in Jirav are relative to the current calendar month and your company fiscal year. For example, if today's date is June 28, 2023, a report showing YTD as of This Month for a company with a Jan-Dec fiscal year would show data for January - June 2023.
Publishing & Sharing
Report templates in Jirav are dynamic and always up-to-date. The report templates in Jirav are designed to automatically update based on their settings, ensuring that you always have the most up-to-date data readily available. For example, if you have set the report period as "This Year", on January 1st the report will automatically update to display the data for the next year. By sharing a Report Template, you grant users access to the live data, allowing them to stay informed with the latest information.
Publishing a report template allows you to capture a moment in time and create a static version of the report template. This is especially useful when you want to share the results with others while ensuring that the information remains unchanged. By publishing the report template, you can have complete confidence in knowing exactly what was shared, providing clarity and accuracy to your audience.
A published report template looks exactly like the live template except that it cannot be edited and the data in the published template will not change even if the underlying data in the live template changes. Report templates can be published as many times as desired and are saved to a different folder than the live templates.
Live or published templates can be shared directly through Jirav, or exported to PDF, Excel, or GoogleSheet. Sharing through Jirav requires a secure login to access the data.